Electronically filing a confidential document
If you do not already have an e-filing profile in DIS, you can create one here.
Pursuant to the confidential e-filing protocols set forth in the October 20, 2021 Entry in Case No. 20-591-AU-UNC, confidential documents may be electronically filed. The PUCO provides the following instructions, which include several controls to ensure confidential e-filings are not made public. These requirements must be met to comply with filing a confidential document electronically in DIS:
- Select the actual case number to file the confidential document. Do not use Case No. 20-2000-XX-XXX.
- Select the specific document type for your document (e.g., “Brief” or “Testimony”).
- Click “Yes” to indicate that the document is confidential.
- Enter the description of your document for the docket card. The word “CONFIDENTIAL” followed by the selected document type will be automatically inserted as the first part of the description. Type any other descriptive information for the document in the text box.
- Upload your official PDF file (one document for the entire filing).
- Do not create a cover sheet for the confidential document.
- Do not upload any source files.
- If applicable, file the public version of your confidential document in the actual case number, as well as any required motion for protective treatment.
Following your confidential e-filing:
- The PUCO Docketing Division (Docketing) will review the confidential e-filing. Once your document has been reviewed, you will receive an automated e-filing confirmation notifying you of the status of your confidential submission:
- The confidential filing has been received and accepted; or
- The confidential filing has been rejected (with the reason noted).
- A Confidential Target Document, a placeholder indicating that a confidential document was filed, will be automatically created and filed in the case. It is recommended that the filer review the intended case and “subscribe” to the case to ensure the document was filed.
- If you do not receive an automated confirmation either accepting or rejecting your filing, please check your email settings and your spam folder. Contact Docketing by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (614-466-4095) with any questions.
The PUCO will continue to receive mailed and in-person confidential filings. Appropriate safety measures, such as masks and social distancing, will be strictly required.
Need help or have questions? Please contact the PUCO Docketing Division at email@example.com or (614) 466-4095.
PUCO Docketing hours: Pursuant to Ohio Adm.Code 4901-1-02, the Docketing Division accepts filings from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except on state holidays.
Confidential filing disclaimer:
By submitting confidential documents to DIS you agree to the following:
The PUCO is not responsible for publication of documents deemed to be confidential to the Docketing Information System (DIS) that are not filed in compliance with the required confidential submission protocols. Confidential information being electronically filed in DIS must be filed in accordance with the above-stated protocols. Failure to file such confidential documents in accordance with the confidential submission protocols may result in publication and incur liability for you or the organization holding the trade secret under Ohio law for misappropriation or other liability for disclosure of confidential information.