The Home Energy Assistance Summer Crisis Program (SCP) will provide a one-time benefit to eligible Ohioans to assist with electric bills, central air conditioning repairs, and air conditioning unit and/or fan purchases.
The program will run from July 1, 2022 through September 30 2022.
What are the benefits?
- A one-time electric bill payment of up to $500 for customers of PUCO-regulated utilities or $800 for unregulated utilities.
Who is Eligible for the Summer Crisis Program?
Households must be at or below 175 percent of the federal poverty guidelines and meet one of the following criteria to be eligible:
- Have a member of the household who is at least 60 years of age or older.
- Have a documented medical condition or a diagnosis .
- Households whose electric has been disconnected, in threat of disconnection, or a new service is being established.
- Customers who are enrolling in PIPP Plus for the first time or have a PIPP default
|Size of Household||Total Household Income 12 Months|
|1||up to $23,782.50|
|2||up to $32,042.50|
|3||up to $40,302.50|
|4||up to $48,562.50|
|5||up to $56,822.50|
|6||up to $65,082.50|
|7||up to $73,342.50|
|8||up to $81,602.50|
For households with more than 8 members, add $8,260.00 for each individual.