To become a certified renewable energy generating resource facility in Ohio, you must complete an application in accordance with Ohio Administrative Code 4901:1-40. Renewable energy resource facilities in Ohio are not required to be certified. However, certification is required in order to be recognized as a compliance resource under Ohio’s renewable portfolio standard.
Certification filing instructions
- Log in to the PUCO Community using your OH|ID. For instructions on how to create an account and login, visit the PUCO Community page.
- Access the Applications dropdown on the top menu bar (top right) and select Manage Applications.
- Under Manage Applications you can start a new application or edit an application already in process.
- Submit your completed application and receive an automatic acknowledgement that it was received.
Need help submitting an application?
Contact the renewable certification team at email@example.com.
How do I amend an existing application?
To amend an application after it is submitted, contact PUCO Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that the application be unlocked for editing. After editing the application, it can be re-submitted for review.
How do I amend an existing facility certification?
To file a change of ownership or other change (expansion/contraction/removal) related to an existing facility certification, contact PUCO Staff at email@example.com. For solar expansions, please complete the Solar Expansion Form.
Interactive renewable certification reports
- Search pending and approved renewable certifications
- Historical renewable certification data
- Map of approved cases
- List of filed cases for certification
Instructions on intervention and comments
Any interested person may submit comments and objections to any pending application, within twenty days of the date of the submission of the application.
Additionally, any interested person may file a motion to intervene in accordance with the Ohio Administrative Code 4901-1-11. Contact PUCO staff at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a case be opened on a pending renewable certification application.